Did you know that the Tax laws or legal instruments which Tax administration rely upon are the basis of authority to implement Tax policies of the country? Learn about the complete Tax system In Nigeria and much more, when you register.
After completing this course, the student should be able to understand the:
- Concept of Nigerian Tax system
- What is the concept of tax about, what is the relationship between the tax policy, laws and administration?
- Concept of Tax policy
- the difference between a policy and a tax policy
- Concept of Tax Laws
- What are tax laws and the various tax laws, pre-2002 and post-2002, like the company Income tax, VAT Act or sales tax, Petroleum Tax, Education, etc. Learn about their functions, challenges, etc
- Concept of Tax administration
- Who administers tax, how are the managers constituted
About the instructor
Sylvester is a chartered accountant and tax administrator with many years of professional work experience. He is currently a Manager (Compliance audit) at the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) as Team Head, Audit Review Committee. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Fraud Detection and Masters in Business Administration. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN).